Updates on the KActionRunner thinkering.
First I would like to answer a few questions that I had on my latest entry:
1 – KActionRunner is *not* a unified-menu, and it does not tries to be. It shouldn’t be used to display the menu of the application in a unified way.
2 – Somebody told me that this looked like the Eclipse “Quick Access” feature, and that’s exactly what this is.
Changes in the code currently on my machine, *not merged yet*:
- Enabled in every K-App that uses KXmlGui
- ctrl + alt + space triggers the Action Runner
- Search for the action you wanna trigger
- Trigger it.
I certainly need to iron out a few things before trying to merge this, so I’m not doing a review again this soon (my older review was shut down pretty fast 😉
- Prettier delegate displaying more information about the Action
- Display the list of actions when you type (currently it completes inline)
- don’t crash on exit
I’m using it on all my KDE applications locally and this is starting to behave the way I want.